Online Order Form & Free Home/Office Delivery Is Now Available! Click Here to Learn More.
On farm sales available by appointment call us at 765.349.4857.
Let’s Get Started
Just select which of our beyond organic, farm raised products you’d like to learn more about by clicking on one of the images below.
Welcome to Simpson’s Farm Market!
Our farm is a 7th generation family heirloom in which we take great pride. Settled in 1828, we are now in the process of transitioning this land once again into a sustainable family economy using methods and practices that allow us to produce truly ”authentic food”. In 2007, we began in earnest by producing pastured poultry, and in 2008 we added pastured pork to our operation. In 2009, we offered grass-fed beef for the first time and 2010 saw us add Thanksgiving turkeys as well ramp up our poultry and pork quantities to meet the growing demand for our high quality meats. In 2011 we began to focus on building our beef herd, and as of Spring in 2012 we have 24 head of cattle.
So what do we mean by ”authentic food”? The authentic food movement goes beyond any various certification that one can obtain, as certification does not do it justice. It is food produced locally, delivered fresh and is full of healthy nutrients from happy animals that are treated humanely. It is procured without the use of antibiotics, vaccinations, chemicals, genetically modified (GMO) grains or confinement feeding operations. It is created from animals raised on pasture as nature intended, by a farmer who owns and cares for the land. An authentic food farming model will leave the earth in a healthier state through its sustainable and environmentally friendly methods as it nurtures the soil through holistic management of the land. While various certifications may appeal to some, our customers seek a food that goes beyond those limited criteria for something that is truly an ”authentic food”.
While you are visiting our virtual farm, please look around and educate yourself about our products and farming methods. Be certain to explore our recipe box for some great tasting home cooked meals, all of which have been taste tested using the products we raise in our own kitchen. We also hope that you will take a moment to sign up for our e-mail list. We periodically send out newsletters that will let you know when product becomes available, share recipes, announce upcoming local events and keep you informed about food related news items we feel are important.
We hope that you’ll agree that in today’s society, it is more important than ever to know where your food comes from, how it has been raised and the farmer that raised it. You are what you eat, and so is your food. That is why we are so transparent about what we do here and why we do it. The way we approach farming is unique, we see it as a partnership between us and our patrons. What we promise to you as that patron is the following:
- Our pasture areas are 100% chemical, pesticide and herbicide free.
- Our cattle are 100% grass-fed and finished, they are never given any grain.
- All of the grains we use to feed are animals are transitional organic (chemical and GMO free) and are raised in Central Indiana, supporting local grain farmers.
- Only USDA Certified Organic vitamin and mineral supplements are used in our grain mixes.
- Our animals are treated humanely and have access to clean water, fresh air and plenty of sunshine.
- Our meats are pasture raised and moved frequently to fresh, lush grazing areas.
- Antibiotics and vaccinations are never administered.
- We only use sustainable, low energy input farming methods that actually heal the land.
- Our customers are always welcome to visit by appointment, look around and investigate our farm and ask questions.
- You will always receive the highest personal customer service.
- We strive to exceed all of the various certification standards in everything we do.
- We will never sell to you any food that we would not feed to our own children.
Enjoy your visit on our virtual farm, and please plan on stopping by in person sometime soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a line or give us a ring. We’ll be glad to speak with you.
Darby, Brandy, Ethan, Zach and Wolfgang (the Schnoodle)
*Please note that while some individual components of our farming operation are certified organic, our finished products are not USDA certified organic.