Steak Fajita Salad
We absolutely love this simple recipe that can stretch a pound of steaks into a meal that will feed four people. Be sure to use fresh, local greens from the farmer’s market to make this recipe the best it can be!
- 4-8 ounces of 100% grass-fed sirloin steak (per person)
- 2tsp dry fajita seasoning per 8oz of steak (mix at home using equal parts mineral salt, chili powder, paprika and cumin)
- 2 sliced red, orange or yellow peppers.
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 can organic black beans (drained)
- 1 fresh tomato chopped (can substitute organic canned tomatoes seasonally)
- 1 can or frozen package of organic sweet corn (use fresh sweet corn in the summer)
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- grated raw organic cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack or pepper jack)
- fresh local greens (3-4oz per serving)
- Sprinkle steak with fajita seasoning and let sit for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Grill steak to desired doneness (we suggest about 3-4 minutes per side on a grill, medium rare).
- Slice steak into thin strips and reserve.
- In a skillet, saute peppers and onions in oil until veggies are tender.
Southwest Fiesta Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp organic ketchup
- 4 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
Mix all ingredients together until well blended and chill 3-4 hours before serving.
Place grilled veggies over fresh salad greens, followed by 4-8ozs of steak and fresh grated cheese. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!